The Duke-Margolis white paper highlights the critical issue of drug shortages in the American healthcare system and suggests the creation of a Prevent Drug Shortages (PDS) Initiative to address it. The paper identifies manufacturing quality issues and pricing dynamics as leading causes of these shortages, particularly affecting generic drug manufacturers. It also acknowledges the API Innovation Center’s role in encouraging innovative manufacturing technologies to ensure a reliable domestic supply of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) for essential medicines, emphasizing its commitment to pharmaceutical quality and addressing drug shortages in the United States.
- USP and APIIC announce strategic collaboration to pave the way for a resilient and economically sustainable supply of critical medicines
- APIIC Releases Recommendations to Combat Rising U.S. Drug Shortages and Ensure Access to Life-Saving Medications
- APIIC’s Contribution to Advancing Data-Driven Solutions in the Fight Against Cancer Drug Shortages
- The API Innovation Center Contributes to Duke-Margolis’ White Paper on Addressing Drug Shortages in America
- The APIIC Participated in St. Louis Community College’s State of St. Louis Workforce Event